Pages

Friday, February 16, 2018

Success Knows - Stupid Is As Stupid Does

Call me stupid but I tell you, the more I admit about money and finance that I don't know today the the better choices I will make about money in the future.

Sounds good anyway...

That's why I am unashamed to say this article
SEC blocks Chicago Stock Exchange sale to China-based investors
was an real eye opener.

I never thought in a million years that a market which bought and sold shares of public companies could be privately owned!

Incredible! Here are a few other tid bits of info I found especially interesting:


  • CHX is a niche player in the industry, handling just 0.5 percent of U.S. equities trades. (I'm from Chicago. This sounds so cute and adorable. CHX is like the 'Cubbies' of Wall street!) 
  • The acquisition, which was proposed in February 2016 by Chongqing Casin Enterprise Group was worth around $25 million. (That's how much the Chicago White Sox paid for Cuban outfielder Luis Robert in 2017)
  • If the deal had been approved it would not be the first time a U.S. exchange had foreign owners. Deutsche Boerse AG bought the U.S.-based International Securities Exchange for $2.8 billion in 2007, before selling it to Nasdaq Inc for $1.1 billion in 2016. (A 1.7 billion dollar loss? Now that's what I call a tax write-off!)

No comments:

Post a Comment